Thursday 4 November 2010

LOOKING PRETTY UNFRESH FOR A FRESHER.

I'm currently sat here typing with a hangover. Now, I don't mind hangovers if it was a ridonkulously good night beforehand. However...I think all the nights, days, weekends and bank holidays of going out to town from the age of 14, yes 14, has now taken it's toll, because I struggle to have a reeeeeallly BRILL night anymore unless it's W.A.Y.F or something of that type of music genre (but I'll explain exactly what this night is, no it is not just a night consisting of Justice being played on repeat)...so when I bought two Freshers tickets out of the 5 nights, I thought I had picked the best nights veeeeery well.
This I did not do. It seems I should have prooobably (definitely) saved my money, saved my sanity, saved my eyes from turning into giant ugly handbags and stayed in and done my fashion project which is definitely mounting up.

That is all about Freshers. Now, W.A.Y.F is a wicked little night roughly every 2-3 weeks, (apart from the summer due to students not being there) it is held in the Sweet's hometown Bournemouth in the Old Firestation, and was started in March 2007. The event holds bigtime DJ's/acts/bands etc. with multiple music genres; house, dubstep, dirty electro, a biiit of techno and some indie bands to mix it up a bit.

There's the mainroom which holds the headliners of the night, previous headliners have been Jakwob, Foamo, Jaymo & Andy George, Crack Your Skull, then the upstairs is for local DJ's etc,and mostly plays dirty dubstep with neon painted students flailing around. The guys behind it all are preeeetty genius huh?! Bournemouth uni students Stephen Guy (DJ name Ste-V-Something), Tim Brandwood and Stuart Farwell started W.A.Y.F and it's by far the best night to go to down here, I haven't missed one yet in 2 years I've been going.

O gaaaaawd how moosh money is it going to be I hear you think. That's what else is great about this, it's not all about the dollar bills for these guys, it's about giving everyone a shit load of good music and that is what you get. Ticket prices are based on the night, say for example the next W.A.Y.F coming up is this Saturday 6th November has headliners Jaymo & Andy George, Jakwob and DJ Fresh so earlybird tickets are 10 squids..then £12 thereafter. They usually hold 200 wristbands on the door but you have to fight with people to get them so I wouldn't recommend that from personal experience.

Check it out it's a really really really really cool night.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Are-Your-Friends/160750923940855?v=wall

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment